BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer is over... sort of

Summer vacation, or should I say holiday, has officially come to an end :(  I have been working for a week now, 3 teacher days and 3 teaching days.  This years group of kids are absolutely adorable AND I only have 13 of them, how amazing!!!  The kids come from all over, America, India, Mexico, France, Korea, Japan, and Malaysia.  It really is so great working with and having such a diverse group of kids, it brings so much more variety to the classroom each and every day.


Along with starting the first week of school I have booked two short weekend trips coming up within the month!!  In a week in a half I will be jet setting off to Sri Lanka with the girls to see the Esala Perahera, a festival filled with dancing, chanting, decorated elephants and much more.  Two weeks later, for another short weekend, I will be crossing India to the southeast state of Kerala and visiting Varkala.  A popular cliff side beach location over looking the Arabian Sea as well as a pilgrimage center for Hindus.  




*My own pictures and accounts soon to come!!!

0 comments: