BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Facing My Fear


Biking past the rice paddies on our way to the beach!

Exit mountain trekking enter beach time! We traveled south to a small town called Hoi An, the home of tailors, anything and everything you would like can be made for you here. We weren’t terribly interested after seeing and trying on a few of the completely unflattering flowered jumpsuits they had for sale in the windows. Instead we rented some bicycles, $1, for the entire day, and biked our way to the beach along the rice paddy fields. The best food I’ve had in Vietnam was in Hoi An at this gourmet style street food restaurant called Morning Glory, amazing!


Fried Wonton... so amazingly good!

The next evening we were hoping on a night sleeper bus to Nha Trang, a beach town along the skinny center part of Vietnam. Our arrival at 6:30am in Nha Trang with a check in time for our hotel at 12pm meant that we quickly found ourselves longing on the beach and enjoying breakfast at the ocean front restaurants. Our time in Nha Trang was a bit of a recovery time spent lazing on the beaches and surprise, surprise scuba diving! I have strangely feared scuba diving and have attempted a few times only to bail before barely even starting. I say strangely feared, because you would think after being a competitive swimmer for 13 years I wouldn’t fear the water but it’s just the opposite, it’s my biggest fear! I had a one on one instructor and he was wonderfully patient, dealing with my million questions I threw at him. I think it also helped that he was a cute, French and had beautiful blue eyes, couldn’t bail… haha! Anyways, I had a wonderful time and can’t wait to go again, if we had had more time I probably would have taken the time to become certified! Maybe next year, I already can’t wait to go back!



Next up… Mekong river delta exploring!

0 comments: