BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

AM I CRAZY?!

The winter holiday could not have been more exciting this year!  First things first... I managed to make my way home for a week!! 

I had some grand plans to spend the Christmas week in Thailand on the beaches taking a scuba diving course, which sounded fantastic and wonderful and like a dream vacation but really all I wanted to do was go home to the cold, snowy Maryland and spend the week with my Mom, sister, grandmother, aunt, uncle and little cousin.  I tried to talk myself into being tough... "You can do it Coleen.  A year away from home is not so bad" OH but at that moment when I just wanted to be home for Christmas it was THAT bad.  So the beginning of December one morning at school I march down to Mimi's room "Am I crazy to go home for ONE week?!"  No more than 30 minutes later I had canceled my tickets to Thailand and booked tickets home.  The best part was arriving home on my Mom's birthday and being able to stay through Christmas day.

There was snow on the ground and I was terrified of being unbearably cold... but to tell you the truth I was so excited to be home I barely felt the cold and the snow, what a nice change of scenery from the sizzling hot days in South Asia.

The highlight of my trip home had to be just lazing around in my comfy sweats (don't get to wear those in the Chennai heat) spending time with my Mom and sister.  I also got to spend Christmas morning with my family watching my little cousin, Grace, open her gifts from Santa, very special!

Although it was almost impossible to leave and fly back to India I knew (well thought) I would be meeting Laura at the Delhi airport, to spend two week traveling through India, which was the only thing keeping me from staying home forever ; ) 

Snowy Christmas morning picture!  Anyone looking for a child model?!

0 comments: