BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

School Days

So my classroom isn't quite finished, I'm still waiting on more bookcases, as you can see all the books are piled up on the tables at the moment (but at least I have books)! Like I mentioned in my last post my students are from all over the world. I had them write where they visited this summer, I think almost every continent was touch with the exception of Antarctica and maybe Africa, pretty incredible! The students are fairly well behaved but that could also have to do with the fact that there are only 14 of them. All of my students with the exception of 2 or 3 are all English language learners. They are all very eager learners and should make for a fun and exciting year. My classroom is my classroom unlike in the states where I had to teach what they told me, when they told me, how they told me! It's a bit challenging at the moment because I'm used to having more of a direct curriculum but I know it's going to be fun and exciting being able to implement things I wish I could have done before but there just wasn't time!

Oh yeah... the kids call us by our 1st names so I am Miss Coleen, I love it!

*From the entrance
*From the windows (opposite of the entrance) door to the left connects to another 3rd grade classroom

*From the back entrance side corner
*From the my desk (front of the room farthest from the entrance)

0 comments: