BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Some things never change...

I've been in school since Wednesday (including Saturday and Sunday) unpacking/setting up my classroom (sound familiar)... yup same thing I'd be doing in the states! Also needless to say I don't have everything I need to set up my classroom, guess that's how setting up a new building goes.

It's not all complaints though...
*I have only 14 students (only 2 are American, the majority are S. Korean and French, the others are from Australia, Japan, Germany, Hungary, Israel)
*I have 8 (yes 8) 45 minute specials throughout the week!
*I have a 10:15-10:30 morning snack/recess break (just like when I was in New Zealand)
*All of my beginner ESOL kids are pulled out during the entire reading block (that leaves me with about 10 students for reading) AND I am NOT responsible for their reading grade (makes sense since I don't even see them for reading)
*There is one aid for the 5 3rd grade rooms which means that I get her two mornings and two afternoons a week!

I will have pictures of my classroom and school to post soon! It's still a work in progress!

0 comments: